• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Some of the asking prices in the Firearms Sale forum just make me laugh!

You want high gun Prices I am in a bidding for a double rifle made in the early 1900s and the asking start is in the mid 6 figures

Some product demand a higher price. Fiat vs Rolls Royce both do the same job one is just more desirable or rare. That gun has zero panic/shortage money added to the price.

If you want nuts prices not just high take a look on CalGuns for $1,000 beat up Glocks. My reloading guy hasn't tried to gouge people. I got primers last month for $50 a thousand. He limited sale to 2M each. His powder is 35-40 when he has it. Brass, Bullets etc are still at pre pandemic prices.
So, who is your reloading guy?

Seeing people ask big $$$ for gen 3 glocks, while forum supporter gun stores have them nib for hundreds less than the sellers used price is hilarious. even more hilarious to see people list “ preban Glock mags “ 😅😂🤣 ban has been gone for 17 years 😅😂🤣
Well the reason that Gen 3 Glocks are so much is because of the popularity of the Polymer 80 (which only accept Gen 3 parts) market. You can get a used Gen 3 Glock, and then turn around and sell just the slide on Ebay for like 500-600 bucks easy.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
EX: If a dealer has something NIB for $579 , and you are asking $779 , and yours doesn't sell after a month of " BUMPs" , that is a pretty good sign you might want to re-examine your asking price.

I think a good bit of what we are seeing now is the people that over paid and are now trying to recoup their costs, are finding that prices on guns are not as high as they were months ago. Lots of dealers in town have plenty in stock. :)

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Well the reason that Gen 3 Glocks are so much is because of the popularity of the Polymer 80 (which only accept Gen 3 parts) market. You can get a used Gen 3 Glock, and then turn around and sell just the slide on Ebay for like 500-600 bucks easy.
Except that for weeks DGS had NIB Gen 3 Glocks for $150-$175 UNDER what people on here were asking. :)

Jethro

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Human psychology is weird, but I have had much greater success selling items with a higher asking price. Maybe people are suspicious if you're not willing to play the game
Very true! I’ve put perfectly fine items on the curb with a “free” sign and nobody will touch it, put a $100 sign on it and somebody will “steal” it by daybreak.

Very true! I’ve put perfectly fine items on the curb with a “free” sign and nobody will touch it, put a $100 sign on it and somebody will “steal” it by daybreak.
Well that's because people think that nobody is going to put perfectly good items out on the curb for free. They figure somethings wrong with it if it's out there and nobody wants someone else garbage. But put a sign asking for money for it and they believe that it's obviously worth something if someone is going to ask money for it.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
EX: If a dealer has something NIB for $579 , and you are asking $779 , and yours doesn't sell after a month of " BUMPs" , that is a pretty good sign you might want to re-examine your asking price.

I think a good bit of what we are seeing now is the people that over paid and are now trying to recoup their costs, are finding that prices on guns are not as high as they were months ago. Lots of dealers in town have plenty in stock. :)
And here is a poster who understands exactly what I meant in the OP. Well said!

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Right. If my stuff doesn’t move in a day or two I drop the price. ....
Or change the conditions of the transaction.

And then, I see some ads that are like: "I have this. I want your that of about the same value, but you have to drive to my side of town to help me."

Last edited:

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
Or change the conditions of the transaction. I see some ads that are like: "I have this. I want your that of about the same value, but you have to drive to my side of town to help me."
Hell yeah. Some should read like this. Your ad says $500.00, I have $300.00 on me now and live on Mt Charleston so bring it too me and could you go through a drive thru and get me something to eat on the way here.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Right. If my stuff doesn’t move in a day or two I drop the price. I see stuff on here from 4-5 months ago and it hasn’t moved.
Or when you ask someone a question " What make & model of scope is on that ? " and they can't be bothered to look it up and reply , even though it was 2 months ago and they still BUMP it without replying " GeE EyE WoNdEr WhY mY gUn WoNt SeLl ? "

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
Or when you ask someone a question " What make & model of scope is on that ? " and they can't be bothered to look it up and reply , even though it was 2 months ago and they still BUMP it without replying " GeE EyE WoNdEr WhY mY gUn WoNt SeLl ? "
Lol. Yeah common sense is in the (poop)ter these days.

Right. If my stuff doesn’t move in a day or two I drop the price. I see stuff on here from 4-5 months ago and it hasn’t moved.
Right? Lol I have messaged a couple people with exactly that situation. A ton of bumps, been on here for months. Asked them if they'd consider coming down on the price, especially since what they were selling was obviously well used and something brand new of the same type was only marginally more expensive and they wouldn't buge an inch.

A perfect example of "DoN't TrY aNd LoWbUlL mE, I kNoW wHuT i gOt,"

Especially after seeing someone's post wanting $800 for their used firearm, having picked up a new example of the same firearm in the same area for a couple of hundred dollars less... from a retailer. In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, "Whatta maroon!". :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I agree however if you wait long enough someone will pay that price. Sold a psa home built ar15 for 950, I felt like an idiot for posting that ad but hey I used that money to buy a norinco sks and a ruger pistol