• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Some of the asking prices in the Firearms Sale forum just make me laugh!

Market conditions are changing on a dime nowadays. At certain times last year, you could've easily gotten double MSRP on most firearms. Hell at times you could've offered double MSRP, and had no takers.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Seeing people ask big $$$ for gen 3 glocks, while forum supporter gun stores have them nib for hundreds less than the sellers used price is hilarious. even more hilarious to see people list “ preban Glock mags “ 😅😂🤣 ban has been gone for 17 years 😅😂🤣

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
True enough, bigx5murf... this was today, not last year, and the firearm in question has been posted up for a while. My post is more about sellers with ludicrous expectations than market conditions; the sellers who endlessly bump their overpriced guns instead of waking up and smelling the coffee of market demand and price. Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with the overpriced posts, I just find them very, very amusing at times.

what makes me laugh even harder is the ppl that pay these prices...some of the prices ive seen ppl pay for stuff isnt even funny its more into the stupid range.

Like them ammo auctions... If you dont hurry up and get um some one else willing to pay more. Ive asked to spf before and people are like eff you. But then spf to some one else at a raised price like they would hold it for an extra. Just un community like acting greedy price gouging lames. 😏 but i still say
Bless Fellow Humans.

To the few that have done deals with me i thank you and appreciate you. Stay Blessed

Ammo should be plentiful like George Washington said.

prices are coming down to a more reasonable figure on powder I have seen 40 for 1 lb. The outlandish prices on the Mattel toys are dropping and all the parts give it time will get back to normal.
You want high gun Prices I am in a bidding for a double rifle made in the early 1900s and the asking start is in the mid 6 figures

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
prices are coming down to a more reasonable figure on powder I have seen 40 for 1 lb. The outlandish prices on the Mattel toys are dropping and all the parts give it time will get back to normal.
You want high gun Prices I am in a bidding for a double rifle made in the early 1900s and the asking start is in the mid 6 figures
Hope you are including the two zeros after the decimal point!

True enough, bigx5murf... this was today, not last year, and the firearm in question has been posted up for a while. My post is more about sellers with ludicrous expectations than market conditions; the sellers who endlessly bump their overpriced guns instead of waking up and smelling the coffee of market demand and price. Don't get me wrong, I have no beef with the overpriced posts, I just find them very, very amusing at times.
I get your point, but my point was, the situation is dynamic when you've got gun control by executive action, and ATF rule proposals.

Heck, I've been trying to figure out how to comment on this for a week.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/definition-frame-or-receiver/summary

Some product demand a higher price. Fiat vs Rolls Royce both do the same job one is just more desirable or rare. That gun has zero panic/shortage money added to the price.

If you want nuts prices not just high take a look on CalGuns for $1,000 beat up Glocks. My reloading guy hasn't tried to gouge people. I got primers last month for $50 a thousand. He limited sale to 2M each. His powder is 35-40 when he has it. Brass, Bullets etc are still at pre pandemic prices.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter

Some product demand a higher price. Fiat vs Rolls Royce both do the same job one is just more desirable or rare. That gun has zero panic/shortage money added to the price.

If you want nuts prices not just high take a look on CalGuns for $1,000 beat up Glocks. My reloading guy hasn't tried to gouge people. I got primers last month for $50 a thousand. He limited sale to 2M each. His powder is 35-40 when he has it. Brass, Bullets etc are still at pre pandemic prices.
As long as your guy is able to purchase them to keep them in stock at pre-pandemic prices, then good on him.

If his costs go up, then he can either pass them on or make less, potentially going out of business.

I don’t blame places for fighting to not go out of business.

6 figures including the cents right? 0000.00
Hope you are including the two zeros after the decimal point!

Was going to post same thing. Bless

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I get your point, but my point was, the situation is dynamic when you've got gun control by executive action, and ATF rule proposals.

Heck, I've been trying to figure out how to comment on this for a week.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/definition-frame-or-receiver/summary
Absolutely agreed. And I've been trying to figure out how to comment but can't find anything on the regulations.gov page, either. Makes me wonder if it's being hidden just so that there won't be any comments... but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Been happy with prices of guns on the sales side, pretty much rentals for me over the last couple of years and got asking price mostly for what I paid new but that is supply/demand, did well on armslist, but went through a lot of snowflakes that did not want to go the FFL route for purchase,the law sucks but it is what it is...of course you either want them or not people are smart enough not to pay huge overage for them, not a huge deal.

Last edited: