• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Royal tiger enfield mk4 no 1 grade b review

Marcus2492

Reefing and Guns
So I took the chance purchasing one of these after hearing mixed reviews. I bought one on their flash sale for 299 with no hand select for good bore but they were guaranteeing at least a fair bore. Well I got the rifle today and cleaned out the bore to find out that half the bore is smooth from the muzzle end down. Its a shame because the guns a 1945 and exterior wise the wood and metals in good shape. Now for all you on the fence about them I would say do not do it unless you are okay with just a cool wall hanger/project.

20201204_213426.jpg

20201204_213423.jpg

20201204_213408.jpg

20201204_213357.jpg

20201204_213356.jpg

16071469871753637851677386496805.jpg

Last edited:

Marcus2492

Reefing and Guns
On another note I scrubbed for another hour and I see that the rifling actually faintly begins to appear about 10-12 inches in..would it be possible to counter bore this far into the barrel to get some accuracy out of this thing?

Gullwing

Padawan Apprentice 3rd Class
Staff member
That sucks. And since it is home, no chance of a return.
We had a customer buy a K98 a few months ago from them. "Good condition" was well.... Rough at best. He still seemed happy so oh well.
and yet others seem to get great products. Roll of the dice.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Barrel could be counter bored, but for about the same effort and expense, I would recommend just relining it and have a perfect bore all the way down.

As far as the barrel liners go, Track of the Wolf, Brownell's and Redman's all carry them , last time I checked.

Marcus2492

Reefing and Guns
Barrel could be counter bored, but for about the same effort and expense, I would recommend just relining it and have a perfect bore all the way down.

As far as the barrel liners go, Track of the Wolf, Brownell's and Redman's all carry them , last time I checked.
Do you know anyone in town who does these services? I know I'll probably be more into it than its worth but i just want a decent shooter and since the rest of the gun is pretty good I don't mind spending a little more.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Do you know anyone in town who does these services? I know I'll probably be more into it than its worth but i just want a decent shooter and since the rest of the gun is pretty good I don't mind spending a little more.
Any shop with a Gunsmith who has a lathe should be able to do it, relining barrels is part and parcel of being a real gunsmith. Try the shops who are forum sponsors, see if any of them can handle it for you.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I've built a few DeLisle replicas, easier to do with one of the .308 chambered Isahapore 2A versions, going from the .303 to the .45 ACP involves a fair amount of rework on the bolt face, not something the average home gun crank is set up to do.
The rebarreling can be done pretty easy at home, just have to cut the chamber carefully to set the headspace on the case mouth.
With the .303 bolt it takes some work on the bolt face, recutting it after welding it up so that it fits the .480" diameter rim of the .45, and it's rim thickness of .049", versus the .303 at .540" diameter and .064" thickness,and you have to do some work on the extractor and ejector too.
And of course to be a true DeLisle replica you would first have to get an approved form 1, so you could built the integral suppressor into/onto the barrel.
Reworking the Enfield magazine to hold a 1911 magazine inside it isn't too difficult, and you can set the ejector up so it dumps the empty into the velvet lined rear half of the Enfield magazine.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
True indeed, a lot of work - but given what Marcus is starting with, it might be worth it. Otherwise, a simple rebarrel will get that rifle back in service. I had occasion to see a Mk. IV from an estate sale in the week before last, and it's barrel looked the same way. I have yet to see an Enfield that's actually seen service with a good bore.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Yup, that old Cordite ammunition was hell on the chambers and the muzzles, and could be hell on everything in between , the muzzles suffered from over cleaning and no device centering the cleaning rod, the chambers and leade suffered from flame cutting erosion.

Lrh502

Very Active Member
Yes they just rebranded themselves probably due to bad reputation
I remember watching RobSki's AK Operator's Union video several years ago showing the craptastic AK rifle they put out with the "QC checked" sticker on the butt stock. He was reading a letter from the guy complaining about how RobSki tests rifles and RobSki was having none of the excuses.