• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Google Maps: Las Vegas area shooting spots

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
No, I completely DISAGREE with the tone of your post which implies that the members here are too lazy and /or apathetic to do anything. I believe they are too smart to go down the same path that has led to failure for others.
I have an ex-wife and an ex-business partner. Learned a couple lessons. :(

I can't imagine chipping in with a bunch of other guys to buy some land, then agreeing who's responsible for all the variables! A trust might work, but I doubt there'd be a lot of interest here.

Harley

Cranky Member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I have an ex-wife and an ex-business partner. Learned a couple lessons. :(

I can't imagine chipping in with a bunch of other guys to buy some land, then agreeing who's responsible for all the variables! A trust might work, but I doubt there'd be a lot of interest here.
If we located your shop to the other side and moved that camaro out of the way......

No, I completely DISAGREE with the tone of your post which implies that the members here are too lazy and /or apathetic to do anything. I believe they are too smart to go down the same path that has led to failure for others.
i mean, this country wouldn't exist if everyone had your mindset. people often fail and die in an attempt to walk across the street. this isn't a valid argument to not attempt things. i was being facetious though, so i understand

Aswild

Ez come ez go
Because that would require setting up an organization, collecting a rather large amount of money, and the HUGE headache that setting up a range entails. One has only to look at the saga of Desert Sportsman Rifle and Pistol Club to see all the crap THEY have gone through.
Don’t forget insurance

jchen76

Just a Civy.
Drove past Sloan Spot past mile marker 14 today, entrance has been sealed off with chain link fence and couple of strategic concrete barriers to discourage cars. Good while it lasted.

WantaG18

Custom title
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
So dirty Sloan has been closed up? What about Hidden Valley? It's the Southern Nevada Lightweight Road past MM 12.
It was open and a complete sh¡thole a couple of days ago. Not too many people but a lot of trash. Over the last year there's been a lot more use and the resulting garbage is sad.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Yeah they had it like that a couple weeks ago when i went to shoot. I never stop there anymore anyways because its basically a safety hazard with the way people shoot without care for a backstop. I suspect its gotten worse with all the new shooters.
I drive up and around into a different area a bit further.
Hope they arent trying to keep it closed though because that means ill have to start going even FURTHER...

garand_guy

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
It was open on Saturday. It appears there is some sort of construction creating a bollard lined path (looked like railroad ties or girders) into the shooting area. I'd imagine it's something to avoid widening of the entrance road or to keep shooting away from the road.

jchen76

Just a Civy.
Rode my bike past Sloan BLM spot today. There was BLM truck and looked like to be 2 security guards or LEO's at the entrance. Who knows what's going on.

I was at Sloan on Sunday and they have a bollard lined path about a third of the way to the 1/2 mile mark. They made it narrow to where it is not easy for larger vehicles to travel in opposite directions in the path. While heading back towards the road there were two other pick trucks heading out and 2 smaller SUVs heading in and we had to stop and pull way over and allow the smaller vehicles to pass first. They have created an accident zone, They have plenty of land to either side to allow appropriate room for vehicles to pass each other without having to pull way over near the bollards (railroad ties). Not sure if I want to go through that. I will need to find another place to shoot I guess. Its a shame Sloan is very close to my home

Why not just take one of the other paths in???
I never take that main "road" in.
I only knew of the one path. I started going to Sloan maybe 4 months before the pandemic, before that I was going to GV shooting range. This weekend was the first time I've been shooting since February of 2020 (Lots of dry firing). Thanks for the advice, I look into it. I thought there was only one way in and out.

Poena238

Peanut Butter
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I only knew of the one path. I started going to Sloan maybe 4 months before the pandemic, before that I was going to GV shooting range. This weekend was the first time I've been shooting since February of 2020 (Lots of dry firing). Thanks for the advice, I look into it. I thought there was only one way in and out.
If you live in deep Henderson I go to a spot that, for me, is just as far a drive time wise as Sloan, but it's headed out towards Searchlight NV. I prefer it because there are long range and short range spots and it's never busy.

I went to the spot past speed vegas and holy crap thats alot of (poop) on the ground. Next time I head out I'm going to bring three trash bags and show how much stuff is on the ground.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
From yesterday, again i didnt shoot here but driving past i decided to take a picture. I went not much further and drove in through a different area. The pylons were lined all the way over the first ridge it looked like though. Pretty far.
This IS stupid of the county. It just means the dumpy trash shooters will spread the junk out to the other now easier to reach inlets making it even HARDER to clean up rather than just having one major area of concern where most the junk got dropped.
Whatever though... Just hope it doesnt mean i have to find new spots again.

0605211138.jpg