• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Demilled Gun Build?

NYECOGunsmith

BANNED FOR LIFE
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Back before 1986 when it was still legal to do so, and I had a Manufacturers SOT FFL, I have built them, not legal to do so now.
To do so today you would have to have the manufacturers license, AND the demilled gun would have to have been registered as demilled prior to 1986, then by filling out the tax stamp form and getting approval, you could then reactivate it.
That's it as I recall, laws may have changed since I retired in 2005, but I kind of doubt it.
And not really worth the effort, takes a good bit of TIG welding skill and machinists skill, plus a bit of luck, to get them to run right after remanufacturing them.

Novabrian

Gun Obsessed
Back before 1986 when it was still legal to do so, and I had a Manufacturers SOT FFL, I have built them, not legal to do so now.
To do so today you would have to have the manufacturers license, AND the demilled gun would have to have been registered as demilled prior to 1986, then by filling out the tax stamp form and getting approval, you could then reactivate it.
That's it as I recall, laws may have changed since I retired in 2005, but I kind of doubt it.
And not really worth the effort, takes a good bit of TIG welding skill and machinists skill, plus a bit of luck, to get them to run right after remanufacturing them.
Thank you that’s what I figured!

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Thank god the government is here to tell us what is and isn’t safe. I am so glad I can’t even try....