• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone have a go/no-go gauge for K98

I would like to check if I have any headspace issues in my VZ24. Will give a box of Yugo M75 ammo if you let me come over and use it real quick.

utilitymoose

Obsessed Member
I don't have any but if you have a micrometer and some packing tape you can make your own in a pinch. Might want to Google it for better instructions but basically you measure your ammo length add tape over the primer side to add the few 10ths of a mm needed to make a no go(or field) gauge and check the headspace normally. Probably not the best method but it's how I was taught to do it with aks and as long as you know the correct measurements the gauges are supposed to be it can be pretty damn close

thanks for the tip, but i don't have a micrometer either. i was hoping to not have to purchase any tools, but maybe i will just have to bite the bullet.

im having an issue with rounds not discharging so im thinking it's either a firing pin issue or FP spring issue, but would like to check the headspace as well

Coup d'etat

Permanently banned from most websites
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I have go, no-go, and field 8mm headspace gauges (7.92mm). I'll look for them. I recently moved so it may take a while.

Coup

emcon5

Debris Blanc
I do, although it probably won't help, since I am in Sparks.

You really don't need a GO, if you have ever chambered a round it is above minimum. Even if it closes on a NOGO, doesn't mean it is bad, what you really need is a FIELD gauge. If it closes on a FIELD it is excessive.