• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shipping out of state question?

mdslammer

MDslammer
Forum Supporter
Hello guys,

I'm shipping my rifle to another state for re-barreling. The rifle has been broken down (removed and
wrapped the muzzle break, magazine, bolt) and secured. I would like to include a box of ammo for the
rifle for testing once completed.
Can I send a box of ammo (secured and packed) along with my rifle?
Thanks.
Mark

DISCLAIMER.... I know NOTHING......but on that note, best to search on how your firearm is going to be shipped (air/ground), by whom and their ammunition policies (as in ORM-D)..... don't be randomly adding live ammunition along with the package without declaration.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
You can ship the rifle USPS. Ammo will need to go UPS.

Why the specific ammo? Can’t whomever is doing the re-barreling just use some off the shelf ammo?

mdslammer

MDslammer
Forum Supporter
DISCLAIMER.... I know NOTHING......but on that note, best to search on how your firearm is going to be shipped (air/ground), by whom and their ammunition policies (as in ORM-D)..... don't be randomly adding live ammunition along with the package without declaration.
I plan on listing the ammo as well.

DeanD

Summerlin
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Every time I have had sights put on my pistols by Wilson Combat which is several times I include a box of ammo that I want used to sight it in. They request that unless you just want them to use what they have. I use FedEx Ground, only requirement is it goes Ground. USPS will ship the rifle but not ammo as stated above. Only problem with Wilson Combat is the pecker heads don't return the left over ammo which might be 45 rounds.

mdslammer

MDslammer
Forum Supporter
Every time I have had sights put on my pistols by Wilson Combat which is several times I include a box of ammo that I want used to sight it in. They request that unless you just want them to use what they have. I use FedEx Ground, only requirement is it goes Ground. USPS will ship the rifle but not ammo as stated above. Only problem with Wilson Combat is the pecker heads don't return the left over ammo which might be 45 rounds.
I'd do the same as well. Your Wilson Combat's are amazing pistols and it's a smart move sending the ammo you'll be using to sight em' in.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
Do you have reason to believe they're only firing five rounds to sight in your pistols?