New Drama @ DSRPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
The only way I know of to ensure the integrity of an electronic vote vote is by using a two-factor authentication system using member number and a device like an RSA fob. The fob would add $25/year to membership fees, plus whatever the cost to implement and administer such a system. Any system integrators want to volunteer for the task? Of course, those who are not computer literate will complain...they can just come to the meeting.

Would it make sense to move the General Membership Meetings to a larger venue closer to the middle of town?
I've remained mostly quiet during this unfolding but the above is not totally true. Arlan, I may not agree with some of the logic you use and your overall tone, but I do appreciate you at least being on the board informing members of what you know. If you weren't here, we would be 100% in the dark as to what was going on since the treasurer, a member of THIS board many of us knew and shot with in the past pilfered the club's coffers.

That being said, 2FA or two factor authentication can be implemented without an RSA token. Physical RSA tokens are a bit dated, but still used where physical security aside from 2FA is needed. Two Factor authentication is 2 of 3 things, something you know (password), something you have (key fob), something you are (biometrics) like a fingerprint.

You know when you login to your bank site from a new computer and it says it must text you an authentication code? Aside from your password (something you know) your mobile device acts as the fob (something you have). Just food for thought as that is two factor authentication and completely acheiveable with a modern website.

Last edited:
The only way I know of to ensure the integrity of an electronic vote vote is by using a two-factor authentication system using member number and a device like an RSA fob. The fob would add $25/year to membership fees, plus whatever the cost to implement and administer such a system. Any system integrators want to volunteer for the task? Of course, those who are not computer literate will complain...they can just come to the meeting.

Would it make sense to move the General Membership Meetings to a larger venue closer to the middle of town?
No sir that is not entirely correct. There are many apps available on any mobile device, tablet or computer that are free to the end user that offer two factor authentication. There would be a small admin fee that DSRPC would need to pay in order to utilize these services but they are so small they would 100% not require an increase in dues. 2FA has become so very commonplace in 2019 that there are even systems that offer these services via text message. Again please sir, accept help from your members to implement some well needed change.

As for the issue of the member email list. There is nothing in the bylaws that prevents DSRPC from communicating with the members via email. Also, rather then have this mode of communication stifled by a few voting members at whatever random general meeting how about sending out an email to members asking them if they would like to “opt in” to receiving future communications on club issues via email. Let each individual member make the decision as to how they are contacted by the club. I for one very much value my privacy. So much so that my home and all other investment properties are housed in blind trusts and LLC’s. All of my businesses are also in blind LLC’s. I value the sanctity of my home address wayyyyyyyy more than my email address. My preference is to never have any mail come to my home. My preference is for DSRPC to not even have my home address. My preference is to have DSRPC only use my email address but no one at DSRPC ever even bothered to ask me or offer that as an option becasue, sadly we are stuck in a bygone era.

NO need to have an RSA token, you can use a multi-factor authentication such as Microsoft or Google. There are a few others out there as well.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
This is not a bad idea. Perhaps to limit cost you could do this 2 or 3 times a year and heavy load issues to be voted on so to capture as many votes as possible. In addition to some form of electronic/2FA voting, you would have everyone covered.

This is not a bad idea. Perhaps to limit cost you could do this 2 or 3 times a year and heavy load issues to be voted on so to capture as many votes as possible. In addition to some form of electronic/2FA voting, you would have everyone covered.

The current board doesn't want this. They want their cronies there to vote as they want them to vote. It is not about transparency, it is about control and keeping things the same. For a year I doubled the attendance of meetings, push out a president, got me and another on the board and then people stopped coming as they thought that was all that was necessary and then the same old cronyism started when the current president got into the eboard and the weak links just went along with things.

Here is a solution I mentioned below. Have the meetings on the work days (Saturday) after work day is over have a member lunch and the meeting. I am sure you will get A LOT more people to attend.

The current board doesn't want this. They want their cronies there to vote as they want them to vote. It is not about transparency, it is about control and keeping things the same. For a year I doubled the attendance of meetings, push out a president, got me and another on the board and then people stopped coming as they thought that was all that was necessary and then the same old cronyism started when the current president got into the eboard and the weak links just went along with things.

Here is a solution I mentioned below. Have the meetings on the work days (Saturday) after work day is over have a member lunch and the meeting. I am sure you will get A LOT more people to attend.
NV2A you are a complete idiot. The club is a lot better place to shoot without your juvenile antics at the meetings and on the range. Thank God you can never come back.

NV2A you are a complete idiot. The club is a lot better place to shoot without your juvenile antics at the meetings and on the range. Thank God you can never come back.
I could just imagine who you are, probably one of the self centered, not interested in anything but their own needs. I ALWAYS put the club first in my efforts. Be a man and tell me who you are if you know who I am. private message me and expose yourself. I am sure I am right the type of person you are.

Stop playing the victim here. You know damn well why you were terminated:

You were the instigator in an argument on the range that you escalated to a physical altercation. Aside from the other complaints filed against you by multiple members previously, that was the straw that broke the camels back.

Despite the accusations of capriciousness, the board has rarely used the nuclear option to terminate memberships, with roughly one termination per year. Besides the aforementioned reason, I can recall seven other terminations since 2001:

1. Posing for pictures with firearms deliberately pointed directly at a person’s head and body (within inches).
2. Running a Gun Tourism business for tourists on the range (terminated after second warning)
3. Reckless driving down range on a live fire (hot) range
4. Running an NRA Training for profit business on the range.
5. Negligent discharge of a firearm at an indoor Club event.
6. Skimming cash from match receipts (2).

Arlan, Are you saying I started a physical altercation? Prove it? I never started anything it was provoked by the other party. Since you have now accused me of something in public then I might need to speak to my lawyer and determine if slander charges are warranted. I NEVER, as per the BYLAWS, had a hearing to confront my accuser and to present evidence.

As a matter of FACT, I did not instigate anything, all I wanted to do was register for a match the MD at the time Keith, had a grudge against me. That grudge stemmed from innocent things that happened before but being a hot head he took it personally.

I did not touch him, HE PUSHED me!!!! BUT the Eboard did not want to hear about it.

As for other accusations the ONLY other accusations was a pain in the ass member who wanted his way and I refused to talk to him. Oh no, I did not give him the time of day. That is NO violation of bylaws or my responsibility at the time as a board member. It was me not wanting to deal with a self centered person looking out only for himself. Everything is hearsay.

I am not aware of any other accusations. I helped to save the IDPA match from going under, after I helped to catch the MD, who was a board member at the time, who had misappropriated about $6000. I also helped save USPSA and 3 gun matches from going under. Accusations, by the way, for what. Did I violate bylaws? NO!!!! I did not! I do not care if someone doesn't like my methods, I got things done.

Arlan I am now seeing you are not the person I thought you were. You are not someone that values facts and the truth.

I have screen captured this exchange and will as mention consider slander charges. All I ever wanted was the truth to come out and the EBoard, violated my rights as a member and constantly violates the bylaws.

Arlan, Are you saying I started a physical altercation? Prove it? I never started anything it was provoked by the other party. Since you have now accused me of something in public then I might need to speak to my lawyer and determine if slander charges are warranted. I NEVER, as per the BYLAWS, had a hearing to confront my accuser and to present evidence.

As a matter of FACT, I did not instigate anything, all I wanted to do was register for a match the MD at the time Keith, had a grudge against me. That grudge stemmed from innocent things that happened before but being a hot head he took it personally.

I did not touch him, HE PUSHED me!!!! BUT the Eboard did not want to hear about it.

As for other accusations the ONLY other accusations was a pain in the ass member who wanted his way and I refused to talk to him. Oh no, I did not give him the time of day. That is NO violation of bylaws or my responsibility at the time as a board member. It was me not wanting to deal with a self centered person looking out only for himself. Everything is hearsay.

I am not aware of any other accusations. I helped to save the IDPA match from going under, after I helped to catch the MD, who was a board member at the time, who had misappropriated about $6000. I also helped save USPSA and 3 gun matches from going under. Accusations, by the way, for what. Did I violate bylaws? NO!!!! I did not! I do not care if someone doesn't like my methods, I got things done.

Arlan I am now seeing you are not the person I thought you were. You are not someone that values facts and the truth.

I have screen captured this exchange and will as mention consider slander charges. All I ever wanted was the truth to come out and the EBoard, violated my rights as a member and constantly violates the bylaws.
NV2A the only reason your on here is to bash and mud sling. Typical for the idiot you really are.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
No sir that is not entirely correct. There are many apps available on any mobile device, tablet or computer that are free to the end user that offer two factor authentication. There would be a small admin fee that DSRPC would need to pay in order to utilize these services but they are so small they would 100% not require an increase in dues. 2FA has become so very commonplace in 2019 that there are even systems that offer these services via text message. Again please sir, accept help from your members to implement some well needed change.

As for the issue of the member email list. There is nothing in the bylaws that prevents DSRPC from communicating with the members via email. Also, rather then have this mode of communication stifled by a few voting members at whatever random general meeting how about sending out an email to members asking them if they would like to “opt in” to receiving future communications on club issues via email. Let each individual member make the decision as to how they are contacted by the club. I for one very much value my privacy. So much so that my home and all other investment properties are housed in blind trusts and LLC’s. All of my businesses are also in blind LLC’s. I value the sanctity of my home address wayyyyyyyy more than my email address. My preference is to never have any mail come to my home. My preference is for DSRPC to not even have my home address. My preference is to have DSRPC only use my email address but no one at DSRPC ever even bothered to ask me or offer that as an option becasue, sadly we are stuck in a bygone era.
Thanks Pura...I’m totally open to accepting help from members who are more up to date than I am (there are plenty of those). As I have stated before, my term is up next June and I will be stepping aside to let someone else take a shot at it.

Marketingslime

Excessive Headspace
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
So easy to call people names in anonymity. So coward let us all know who you are. I am here to provide the truth. There is no mudslinging. I am providing FACTS. You just do not like me so you are bashing me. Typical.

I am not saying anything other than quoting the reason the board voted.

And you reply by calling the board criminals and threatening legal action. Nice.

As a person, I like and respect you, just don’t care for how you respond to criticism at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.