Match-ish Trigger HK45

Mayhem Inc.

Oscar Mike
Forum Supporter
An HK45 is already a great starting point out of the box, it the trigger leaves some room for improvement...my humble opinion.

My OCD perspective would not let me get over the minute, near non existent phantom reset present on my circa 2012 HK45...Pressure from slowly riding reset with trigger finger resulted in a faint click, yet letting the trigger do its thing resulted in normal reset. I nearly sold the gun at a loss, just couldn't be happy with the trigger on a $1000 gun being what it was. (Frustrating!) I am glad I didn't sell it, read below:

HK Authentic Parts:

SKU HKP-18147
PRODUCT HK Reduced Power Hammer Spring - 11 lb.
PRICE $9.95

QTY 1
SKU HKP-02081
PRODUCT Light Trigger Return Spring - HK Pistols
PRICE $8.95

QTY 1
SKU HKP-01811
PRODUCT Enhanced Match Flat Sear Spring - Nickel Plated
PRICE $9.95

QTY 1
SKU HKP-01955
PRODUCT Firing Pin Block Spring - New Style - Light
PRICE $7.74

Took about an hour and a half, TRS was the trickiest part. Need a good set of needle nose pliers, secure trigger forward with tape.

Hot Damn, did it make a difference! The DA is buttery smooth, and the SA is lighter and crisp. I will need to get a trigger scale for official measurements. Feels like 7-8 lb DA and 3lb SA.

The parts above may work for USP 45, same concept for the P30.

Hope this might help someone!

Mayhem Inc.

Oscar Mike
Forum Supporter
The new parts successfully survived it's first 100 rds today without stoppage or malfunction. No light strikes. The trigger is noticeably smoother and lighter. Double action is improved to the point of near disbelief. This is definitely a combat gun with a combat trigger that wants to be worked fast and deliberately.

Deliberate DA press to the rear netted the smoothest resulting function, versus slow staging which makes the plasticy, stagey, grit rear it's ugly head. But, treated as a combat trigger and not a bullseye slow fire precision trigger, the stagey perception disappears completely. A bit of polishing is in order for giggles and grins.