K31 and other Swiss C&R Appreciation Thread

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
I paid $175 each for a couple of them about 15 years ago. I donated one to a fundraiser, but I still keep one and a case of so of GP ammo.

VintageshooterinBC

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Desert Sportsmans Range has a monthly vintage bolt-action match and Swiss rifles are well represented. Last December was the inaugural "Swiss Miss" event and the Swiss rifles were the encouraged entry for the many of us that have them.

There is also a monthly vintage event at Boulder Rifle Club. We shoot out to 900 meters, and the Swiss rifles are regular winners.

I've had two for a while, but helped a buddy start his vintage collection with one of them.

I just recently noticed the Prvi is making the ammo, and was pleasantly surprised at the price. I still have a big stash of GP11, but acquired it last year, not back when it was actually cheap. I've been hearing the rumors about modern production GP11 coming back for the last ten years, but it's never happened. Do you have a recent link to an article that actually confirms it?

It's a tough round to reload perfectly. That bolt really likes a perfectly sized case. I have 99 Norma brass cases, and I was heartbroken when that one disappeared at a match.
I ended up with a piece of brass from the Swiss match with a FNM headstamp. That’s not it is it?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Nope. Says Norma. It was at least a year ago at a DSRPC match, I think.

I put it on missing brass boards throughout the region. Might have to pay for the side of the milk carton.

VintageshooterinBC

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Nope. Says Norma. It was at least a year ago at a DSRPC match, I think.

I put it on missing brass boards throughout the region. Might have to pay for the side of the milk carton.
Sorry I missed that. I just found it on my reloading bench. i must have picked it up with the berdan stuff. My apologies. I will get it back to you.

MAC702

Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Did I mention a good K31 can be anywhere from a sub MOA to 2 MOA rifle? ...
I put my 8-25x50 Leupold Mark 4 on my Swiss K31 last year. At 400 meters, from bags, I put 5 shots into 2-3/4".

This was with 175-gr Nosler Custom Competition bullets in Norma brass and powder thrown from an old RCBS Uniflow. I probably got lucky, too.

steve

Obsessed Member
I put my 8-25x50 Leupold Mark 4 on my Swiss K31 last year. At 400 meters, from bags, I put 5 shots into 2-3/4".

This was with 175-gr Nosler Custom Competition bullets in Norma brass and powder thrown from an old RCBS Uniflow. I probably got lucky, too.
I was the spotter for this and it was pretty cool to see.

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
Hah thats good shooting. Imagine if the Germans ever got the Switzerland itch as they planned. From the redoubt assuming enough retreated it wouldve been the modern Thermopylae, except this time the invaders might have lost.

Ill try to get to a DSRPC match. So far my schedules all over the place and im on swing shift but its still my goal to get there.

MAC702

Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
This Sunday is the long range Vintage Military Rifle Silhouette match at the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club. You'll shoot from 200 to 900 meters. The main match can be any WW2-or-older as-issued rifle, iron sights of course.

March's side match Flavor-of-the-Month is the Swedish Mauser.

You can shoot one rifle in one event, or two rifles in two events.

The main event always sees several Swiss rifles on the line,

Grumpyoldretiredcop

uber Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I did wind up selling my K31 to a coworker... but picked up a 1915 DWM Luger to console myself with. This one's a shooter as a PO polished the heck out of it and reblued it, I won't feel guilty about shooting it.

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
This Sunday is the long range Vintage Military Rifle Silhouette match at the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club. You'll shoot from 200 to 900 meters. The main match can be any WW2-or-older as-issued rifle, iron sights of course.

March's side match Flavor-of-the-Month is the Swedish Mauser.

You can shoot one rifle in one event, or two rifles in two events.

The main event always sees several Swiss rifles on the line,
When my full time goes through rumor is I will have sat/sun off since I sucked it up and admitted I knew craps so theyve got me waiting out this guyd 2 week notice before taking his days off.

Youll be seeing me soon.

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
I did wind up selling my K31 to a coworker... but picked up a 1915 DWM Luger to console myself with. This one's a shooter as a PO polished the heck out of it and reblued it, I won't feel guilty about shooting it.
Dude, sad as it is to give up a 31 (id only let one go if a Garand/M1C was involved coming my way) congrats on your DWM

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
GP11 is good stuff. Hopefully more becomes available at a reasonable price because it’s damn near match grade ammo.