• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hellcat or P365

I read that right after I posted my question. I told my brother to keep an eye out for a p365 and p365XL for me at scheels in Reno.

From most people here and a lot of reading online tbe p365 seems to be the most liked of the bunch. I wrote off glocks a long time ago because I hated their triggers, although my buddy got 2 new ones this year and the trigger is much better.

Came down to discount firearms today because its near the school.

Held the hellcat, Sig p225 (beautiful gun), HK VP9, a couple Walthers, S&W shield, Taurus G2C and taurus G3C.

From my quick conclusions. They were all comfortable and had their plus and minuses. I'd like to find an HK VP9sk before making my decision. The VP9 felt so nice in my hand and the vp9sk is the same width.

The Walther's are also very comfortable.

The hellcat I'd have to carry with the 13rd mag because with the 11 to much of my palm was not on the grip which annoyed me.

The sig p225 and 229 are so nice, but a little heavy, I wouldn't want to edc carry one.

Is it bad that I also feel like the taurus g2c and g3c are so comfortable. The triggers are also much nicer than the triggers on my pt111s

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
If you are looking at the vp9, you may as well look at the Glock 19 and the Glock 48 ( get the shield mfg 15 round mags).
As well as the cz p10c .

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Held the hellcat, Sig p225 (beautiful gun), HK VP9, a couple Walthers, S&W shield, Taurus G2C and taurus G3C.

The sig p225 and 229 are so nice, but a little heavy, I wouldn't want to edc carry one.
Heh. Back about 30 years ago that (P225) was my CC/EDC. :) Great gun for the time. Part of a 3-consequtive serial number special order myself and two friends picked up at the time. Still a great shooter, but the P365 rides in that role now for me.

If you are looking at the vp9, you may as well look at the Glock 19 and the Glock 48 ( get the shield mfg 15 round mags).
As well as the cz p10c .
I only held the vp9 because its the same width as the vp9sk. The vp9sk is compact, and I have a good friend who loves his vp9.

I dont like glocks... never been a fan of them.

They didnt have any cz p10c or the cz rami? The place is just by my school so it was easy to go over there.

Well I looked at the canik tp9 elite sc last night a d that gun has an amazing trigger, but I wasn't sold on it.

Today I found a 365xl at sportsmans. It felt perfect in my hand so I bought it. I also got the p320 compact because I liked it...

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I had the opportunity to shoot both the Hellcat and P365XL back to back last weekend. A lot of advice already given here is accurate but I think the Hellcat gets sold short on the grp stippling. It just feels cemented to my hand and with the 13 round mag it fits my paw great. The 365 by far has the better trigger and is much less snappy to shoot, the Hellcat reminds me a lot of the snap of the XDs which has been fairly unpopular.

Grats on the 320, if you have cash to burn check out the Wilson Combat grip modules. This thing transformed my 320 into something other worldly and has quickly become one of my favorite shooters.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Modules/products/1269/

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
I found the hellcat grip just too short. That extra .8 inch difference in height is almost all in the grip. I tried both on the range coming out of appendix draw holsters. Getting a fast secure grip on the hellcat wasn’t happening’ for me ‘.

0BD184C0-92AC-4B7B-9006-ACA77663E84F.png

I have the XL and I love it. The hellcat did have a wonderful feel except for how short the grip was with the magazine. I have smaller hands, the regular 365 felt the same, the XL is perfect.

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I found the hellcat grip just too short. That extra .8 inch difference in height is almost all in the grip. I tried both on the range coming out of appendix draw holsters. Getting a fast secure grip on the hellcat wasn’t happening’ for me ‘.

View attachment 76485
To be fair, I only use the 13 round mags with the extension in mine. The flush mounted 11 rounders are way too short.

Last edited:

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
To be fair, I only use the 13 round mags with the extension in mine. The flush mounted 10 rounders are way too short.
Then why not just get something with a longer grip to start with ? Like a Glock 48 ? 😜 I can run the extended 15 round mags in the XL for a bit more control, but then I may as well just carry a Glock 48 or 19.

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Seriously man, I had my brother's 365XL and my Hellcat together on the table, shot them both, they are almost identical in size with the Hellcat being slightly shorter at the muzzle. Either way, both are a far cry from the Glock 48 with an almost inch longer grip than the extended Hellcat and not to mention 3 less rounds.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g48-vs-springfield-hellcat-micro-compact

Last edited:

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
See my image above, the hellcat is much shorter than the 365xk. The faded overlay shows it. That changes if you add the longer mag to the hellcat, but with both having flush fit mags there is a difference. The reg 365 is about the same as the hellcat.
the Glock 48 and the xl are not very far off at all. Check the overlay.

8B21AB9F-342A-4222-92AA-58E3A6C6BFA7.png

913567FA-2F3E-4733-BE28-6A2329CA7923.png

D0316713-71BB-40F5-A18E-AF4088F32B40.png