• URGENT! Help STOP the UNCONSTITUTIONAL Red Flag Law AB291!
    CLICK HERE for details!

Gun Show and Range Day

This past weekend there was a small gun show out in Gardnerville at the fairgrounds. Pretty good turnout, not a lot of vendors, but fun to look around. Spent about an hour there then headed about a mile east to the local range. I hadn't been there before and wanted to check it out. Cost is $2 per car and it is open sunup to sundown every day and closed on Tuesday and Thursday until Noon for cleanup and law enforcement practice. It is a very nice facility with 50 yard pistol range and 300 yard rifle range complete with covered shooting benches and a sanihut. I had checked out the website first so I knew to bring a chair with me as they are not provided. I had a couple Ruger Mark ll's set up with red dots and scopes that I wanted to sight in at 25 and 50 yards but the pistol range had the 4H kids shooting air rifles so I had to go to the rifle range. No big deal since there were only 2 guys shooting and one left before I even got my targets out. The weather was great, 60 degrees and no wind, and I spent the next couple hours getting my pistols dialed in. Quite a few people showed up while I was there and they were all quite friendly and polite. I'm going to go back again on a weekday when it isn't as busy. Overall I would say that it is one of the nicest places to shoot where you don't have to worry about starting a fire and it isn't too bad of a drive, I live in Sparks, so it is only about an hour away. The range in Carson is going through some issues right now so I haven't bothered going there for quite some time. It is only open on Sunday's and Wednesday and Thursday evenings until they make some improvements to keep stray rounds from landing over the hill at the landfill. I think my next trip will be to the Washoe County range to check it out, I just hope it is as nice as Gardnerville.