• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Google Maps: Las Vegas area shooting spots

Harley

Crazy Member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
"Restrictions on shooting and off-road use are in effect for all areas within the valley" is a direct quote from the LVMPD press release. I apologize for their poor wording. https://www.lvmpd.com/en-us/Press Releases/PO 063 04-06-20.pdf
And your poor wording too. “Shooting is prohibited on most BLM lands.”

So they have a press release for something that has been known for years.

Makes perfect sense. I guess releasing that fancy looking letter somehow gets people to pull their head out of their asses.

LVTrenton

Living the dream
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
And your poor wording too. “Shooting is prohibited on most BLM lands.”
(/snip/)
Makes perfect sense. I guess releasing that fancy looking letter somehow gets people to pull their head out of their asses.
Well now, that just sounds unkind. And I thought we were friends. Oh, well.

Harley

Crazy Member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Its was about them releasing the letter that states nothing new and nothing more than the obvious.

I find it funny how they made it look like there was some major changes happening to shooting areas due to the recent events.

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
After reading the press releases and carefully looking at the maps it occurs to me that Clark County lacks authority to restrict shooting on BLM land.

So if I'm looking at the Clark County map and the map provided here, the site off of Corn Creek Road should still be good to check out? I'm north of 95 east/west and everything else seems a bit far.

joecoastie

not so uber n00b
So if I'm looking at the Clark County map and the map provided here, the site off of Corn Creek Road should still be good to check out? I'm north of 95 east/west and everything else seems a bit far.
There is nothing open off of Corn Creek Road. Corn Creek Road is a USFWS National Wildlife Refuge and the only shooting allowed is if you are actually hunting.

That pin to the north is in Tule Springs conservation area (giant sloth and mammoth fossils). No shooting or dumping allowed, so that pin needs to be removed.

As far as where you can shoot up there, I’m not sure, but I do know that spot is bad.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
There is nothing open off of Corn Creek Road. Corn Creek Road is a USFWS National Wildlife Refuge and the only shooting allowed is if you are actually hunting.

That pin to the north is in Tule Springs conservation area (giant sloth and mammoth fossils). No shooting or dumping allowed, so that pin needs to be removed.

As far as where you can shoot up there, I’m not sure, but I do know that spot is bad.
Fixed it.

Across the highway u can