• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

DSRPC Bylaws change

Please pass this along to other interested DSRPC members. Not trying to start a conversation flame war or any other internet war, just get the word out to as many members as possible.

As you folks may know DSRPC lost a significant amount of funds due to actions by an executive board member and lack of action over the course of over a years time by other executive board members. Unfortunately there is zero accountability of the executive board members and currently in the bylaws no way to remove officers. I have officially submitted a simple and easy to follow bylaws amendment where the membership can remove an officer if needed due to any reason whether it be lack of performance, failure to comply with the existing bylaws. It does not allow for a sneak attack where one meeting a bunch of people can show up and suddenly remove someone because they are angry the didn’t get a particular range improvement but requires some effort over the course of a month to process. A primary reason for such a simply written proposal is that I believe required actions have been delayed due to unnecessary protocol. If this process moves forward as I understand the bylaws it will be presented to the executive board in January of 2020 Where it can then be voted on. I hope the general membership will send letters/emails of support to secretary@dsrpc.org for this simply written addition to the bylaws to ensure the executive board performs up to proper standards and there is something in place to remove officers. Unfortunately as it stands currently the executive board votes on a bylaws change to remove themselves from office. Personally I would have no issue with this as I have no problem being removed from a position if I am not performing or not acting in the best interest of the membership. There was already resistance from the executive board and concerns of people being voted out by membership that attends the meetings.
You can see what was submitted at the link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fE8NIpr4hgATdXE6a2nM6QnIgDpG2HlM/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks all for your time.
Greg Piet
4051F927-44DE-4612-9FF7-65EA3B027C29.jpeg

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member
I'd like to help you out with this Sir, but I am done with this operation; they have lost my trust and confidence. I currently have no plans to continue on with DSRPC until something is done out there to root out the corrupt network that is / has been entrenched for decades. In my opinion, the range is used by the E-Board for their own personal gains, at the cost of the membership.

However, I do thank you for your efforts.

Please pass this along to other interested DSRPC members. Not trying to start a conversation flame war or any other internet war, just get the word out to as many members as possible.

As you folks may know DSRPC lost a significant amount of funds due to actions by an executive board member and lack of action over the course of over a years time by other executive board members. Unfortunately there is zero accountability of the executive board members and currently in the bylaws no way to remove officers. I have officially submitted a simple and easy to follow bylaws amendment where the membership can remove an officer if needed due to any reason whether it be lack of performance, failure to comply with the existing bylaws. It does not allow for a sneak attack where one meeting a bunch of people can show up and suddenly remove someone because they are angry the didn’t get a particular range improvement but requires some effort over the course of a month to process. A primary reason for such a simply written proposal is that I believe required actions have been delayed due to unnecessary protocol. If this process moves forward as I understand the bylaws it will be presented to the executive board in January of 2020 Where it can then be voted on. I hope the general membership will send letters/emails of support to secretary@dsrpc.org for this simply written addition to the bylaws to ensure the executive board performs up to proper standards and there is something in place to remove officers. Unfortunately as it stands currently the executive board votes on a bylaws change to remove themselves from office. Personally I would have no issue with this as I have no problem being removed from a position if I am not performing or not acting in the best interest of the membership. There was already resistance from the executive board and concerns of people being voted out by membership that attends the meetings.
You can see what was submitted at the link below
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fE8NIpr4hgATdXE6a2nM6QnIgDpG2HlM/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks all for your time.
Greg Piet
View attachment 50712
Good job with this Greg. The bylaws need some serious attention and this issue is at the top of my list as well. You have my support!

As for the current board, I am happy with our new treasurer thus far as he seems to be very experienced and knowledgeable in the field of accounting along with being formally educated and open / honest. I am also hopeful that the new sergeant at arms will also be a positive addition to the club.

It would be very nice if some of the other eboard members would do the right thing and step down as well. I feel bad for Howard and his current health situation. In light of the recent issues and taking into account the fact that he is not well enough to attend general membership meetings it would be very admirable if he would do the right thing for the club, the best thing for his personal health and the honorable thing for the members and step down himself. While I am hopeful of this possible selfless action on his part I don’t think it very likely.

We desperately need an eboard that will adopt some well needed change very quickly! We need to start keeping electronic records so we can do data pulls on membership numbers, income, expenses, range use, etc. If we had an easy way to access our own data we could then use that data to help make educated decisions about the club. We need a professional reserve study from a civil engineering firm to again, give us some much needed professional level data on our club’s structures / assets. This reserve study would give us an extremely useful guide as to where our money would be best spent and when. It would also give us a definitive answer as to how much money should we even have in reserves and would also be a great tool when conducting our budget planning. Right now and historically our club has had no real plan and no real direction. We have always just spent money on the whim of whatever the current eboard has been.

If we had these two things in place we could then come up with an actual written 3, 5 and 10 year plan for the club. Every successful business needs a business plan. If you are failing to plan then you are planning to fail. Every HOA in the state of Nevada MUST have a professional reserve study conducted, at a minimum, once every 5 years. This is actually written into NRS. The necessity, importance and success of reserve studys and business plans have been well established time and time again yet, DSRPC and our eboard refuses to take these simple steps to ensure a properly run club.

Still with the DA.
We are getting 25k from our insurance claim but I can assure you if we even get anything back from the perp it will 1.) take years and 2.) will be a very small fraction of the total that was stolen. If we get back 50k from him we will be extremely lucky! He lives with his mother and does not own a house of his own. He doesn’t even have any assets to liquidate. The ebaord holding out hope for recovery of any funds is a total pipe dream and sadly just another example of their lack of proper planning for our club.

steve

Obsessed Member
In my opinion, the range is used by the E-Board for their own personal gains, at the cost of the membership.

I am curious what you mean by this? I am at the range nearly every weekend at different matches. What personal gains are they getting?

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member
OK we all know that. I am curious what other things there are. That is one person. What are the other board members doing for personal gain? You leveled the charge I am curious what you are experiencing that I am not.
I don't owe you any explanations and I am done with these threads. Have fun at your club, and good luck.

Last edited:

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I don't owe you any explanations and I am done with these threads. Have fun at your club, and good luck.
I believe Steve is on your (our) side for the most part. I don’t see his question in any way attacking your position, he’s just asking for more information that he, and the rest of us, do not have.

Furthermore you’re the one that chose to post in this thread and state your opinion. You didn’t expect anyone would ask you to clarify or expand on that opinion?

Lost_Vegas

Obsessed Member
I believe Steve is on your (our) side for the most part. I don’t see his question in any way attacking your position, he’s just asking for more information that he, and the rest of us, do not have.

Furthermore you’re the one that chose to post in this thread and state your opinion. You didn’t expect anyone would ask you to clarify or expand on that opinion?
Don't get me wrong I am not mad, just exhausted from this topic; the club has issues, eboard is entrenched and won't give up control, membership is lazy and won't go to meetings, money is gone with little repercussion. On and on and on... It's gotten to be too much drama for my liking, so good luck to ya'll.

Why don't you ask the former Treasurer what personal gains there are to be had...
Thievery is not a "personal benefit". It is not something that is attached to the position. The guy is a swindler. You can't blame everyone for the actions of one person. It was an easy organization to infiltrate and steal from, as are a vast majority of businesses.

You have passion and time. Why not get involved and make the changes?

steve

Obsessed Member
Don't get me wrong I am not mad, just exhausted from this topic; the club has issues, eboard is entrenched and won't give up control, membership is lazy and won't go to meetings, money is gone with little repercussion. On and on and on... It's gotten to be too much drama for my liking, so good luck to ya'll.
You are exhausted from the topic. You made claims about people. I would still like to know what those are.
The Eboard is entrenched? There are elections. If people do not vote that is not the eboards fault. This last election less than a third of members returned ballots. So it has nothing to do with them not giving up control.
What repercussions for the money outside of the legal action being taken do you want to see?
I asked for clarification you didnt want to give it. Are you a member? If it is indeed to much drama then stop responding. If you are a member then please get involved and help make change. This thread started with someone getting involved and wanting to help make a change.

steve

Obsessed Member

Yep.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
So instead you fly in like a seagull, take a (poop) on the conversation, and just fly away? We were better off before you made your original post.