• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best indoor range near NLV

KAWS

Hello Goodmorning,

I’m new to shooting and have only gone a handful of times to the Clark County Shooting Range off Decatur. I wanted to look into trying an indoor range possibly to be able to change my change range more often than waiting at CCSR. I’ve seen some posts about private clubs but I’m not a member of any so I’m not sure if that’ll be an option.
But I’d only be going for a pistol range currently and would like to hear opinions if any.
Thanks 😁

KAWS

I haven't gone to an indoor range for a while as I prefer the desert. When I did, I preferred Discount Firearms on Industrial down from the Rino.
Thank you I’ll have to check them out. Have been wanting to go to the desert but my car isn’t best suited for off roads so until then I’m just gonna pay the entrance fees

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
Plenty of desert out there that can be handled easily by most cars.

I haven't been to an indoor range other than for ccw quals. But friends that do, recommend Range 702.

Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club has a courtesy range that you can use. I think it is a $10 fee. I have nothing against CCSC but I do get tired of waiting to go and see my target and then waiting a while to shoot at my next target. I find that for me to drive to the desert and find a place to shoot a lot of times takes me that same time to drive out to BRPC. http://www.brpc1.org/public-shooting/

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club has a courtesy range that you can use. I think it is a $10 fee. I have nothing against CCSC but I do get tired of waiting to go and see my target and then waiting a while to shoot at my next target. I find that for me to drive to the desert and find a place to shoot a lot of times takes me that same time to drive out to BRPC. http://www.brpc1.org/public-shooting/
But the courtesy range is not open to non-members every day. Great range, been a member for years.

" Public access is limited to Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays of each week, and Federal Monday Holidays between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, unless posted at the entrance as closed for special events or range maintenance. "

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Great staff , and nice place, other than being a loud range. I was wearing both Howard Leights and Surefire Earbuds and it was still loud. Very echo-like.

LV Shooting Center just down the street is a much quieter on their range.

KAWS

Thank you all for the feedback. 😁 I’ll look into seeing if the LV shooting range does discounts on Sunday. That’s usually my day to get out.

I haven't gone to an indoor range for a while as I prefer the desert. When I did, I preferred Discount Firearms on Industrial down from the Rino.
Second on Discount. Pretty cheap too I think it was like $10 for a lane (haven't been for a couple years).

that is the loudest indoor range I have ever been in , man they need better sound insulation in there.
LOL, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Yep it's like the range has that instantaneous echo that just makes it painfully loud.

RE: Range 702

I used to go there as it was nearest to me and no heavy traffic in getting there, but the last time I went I was surprised that they are charging $15 (up from $10). If it's busy they currently have a 30 minute time limit.

I did a qualifying shoot at Discount Firearms a couple weeks ago and saw that they charge $10. I was there at about 1pm on a Monday and there was only one other guy on the range to qualify.

RE: Range 702

I used to go there as it was nearest to me and no heavy traffic in getting there, but the last time I went I was surprised that they are charging $15 (up from $10). If it's busy they currently have a 30 minute time limit.

I did a qualifying shoot at Discount Firearms a couple weeks ago and saw that they charge $10. I was there at about 1pm on a Monday and there was only one other guy on the range to qualify.
I’ve also gone shooting at Range 702 multiple times. I do not recommend it. The price for the time limit is insanely obnoxious. Before the pandemic, the time limit was 1 hour, not 30 mins. I still don’t think that’s enough time for a decent session. On my last and final visit, I was told that my time was up but I didn’t see a line outside the shooting bays. I’ve never experienced this before and I used to go to a California range with strict rules that was busy constantly. Some of the workers are friendly but I’ve experienced one very unprofessional employee that made me not want to return (I haven’t gone back since then, weird confrontation about him having his cellphone out in the bathroom while pointing it at people in the stalls. I asked him if he could point his phone away from people and he did not like that). I think desert shooting would be your best bet if you’re willing to drive (even with a car not a truck). You should be able to find a map on one of these forums. Maybe even use google maps to visually see what your best routes are to avoid harsh terrain.

Supply ??? Roflmao, maybe if you buy them at the over inflated prices they will charge you...

Thats "IS"my exact question though fellow human.
If you think about it ... Take your once cheap ammo .. Dump it ... Cant recycle much from most ranges ... They should be making what they can out of what the range keeps and recycles... Any ways your out that much ammo gotta go grab more now any ways. .. Would you keep your stock and just for a day. Use range ammo is supplied pricing is ok?... As asked do they and what are they prices. ??? Obviously there is inflation. Lmfao... I mean what is over priced ??? 380 is a 1$ a round smh ...

Bless Fellow Humans.
Ps im looking for good deals on 380 and 9x18 but will not pay unthink...unimaginary prices.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Range ammo is the same as any other ammo. It’s all high priced. Nobody discounts range ammo for use on their range. and not all ranges reload their own ammo.
If you want cheaper ammo , you either reload it yourself, or you go to bass pro every morning hoping something is on the shelf.