• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone have access to a good parts/assembly diagram for a Savage 77B shotgun?

SixshooterSam

Making Automobiles Great Again
I have an old Savage 77B pump 12 gauge shotgun that I picked up last year, and it is in a sad state of disrepair. After finally getting a chance to get it disassembled last month, I discovered a couple of broken springs and some loose parts. Does anyone here have access to a good diagram that shows how it all goes together? I have a 77F that I disassembled for a full cleaning and inspection some ten years ago, but that was a fully functioning firearm with everything in good working order that just needed a good clean and lube, and I don't specifically remember how the springs and such went together. This 77B is just a mess. I could disassemble the 77F for reference, but I'd rather leave well enough alone and just deal with this one.

I'll post some pictures of it later today after I dig it back out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I can e-mail you pictures and how to tear it down / reassemble it instructions if you want. Its gonna be about 12 pages worth, would take me a few minutes to scan it for ya.

That's a version of the Savage Model 30, was pretty much identical to about 20 other shotguns made by Savage / Stevens and marketed by Savage, Stevens, Springfield and Sears as the models 30, (with a bunch of Alpha character submodels) 67, 77, 79 and 40N (Sears), between 1958 and 1989.

Or order yourself a copy of the Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly / Dissassembly Part V, Shotguns, Second Edition, by J.B. Wood, it's in there.

Or I can take pictures of the pages and text them to ya, yer cherce!