• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone have a Sig 365XL with Romeo Zero?

WantaG18

Geisterfahrer
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I really like my P365. Think I'd like to try a 365XL. Also would like to try a red dot on a pistol.

Anyone have one or have first hand experience? I'm 99% to get the XL and mostly interested in thoughts on the Zero. I'm seeing mixed reviews. Guess my question is, should I get an XL and a different red dot?

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
No reason not to in my opinion. The size of the red dot optic is relative to the size of the gun. Shouldn’t hinder concealment. If you haven’t shot a red dot on a handgun I would think you would want to get comfortable shooting it before you carry it. There’s no great mystery to it tho, look for your irons and the dot will be there. I didn’t like it initially but continued shooting a friends until I got into it. Now I have my own and am getting to the point I wouldn’t think twice about carrying it.

YMMV.

I've handled one but haven't shot it.

Iron sights are faster than hunting for a dot, especially on a window as small as the Romeo 0. That said, with enough practice you should be able to train your grip presentation so that you're able to quickly attain the dot on draw and after recoil.

But unless your gun is flat shooting or has a dot you can track under recoil, you'll still typically be slower than with irons, especially at the distances you'd be using a concealed carry gun, i.e. under 15 yards.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Do what you want, but a micro compact isn't the one I would try a red dot on.
365XL is not a " micro compact " at all , not all that much smaller than a Glock 19. The standard 365 is micro'ish.

I have a 365XL , have about 1500 rounds thru it. I was waiting for the Zero red dots to become readily available, But Sig, instead of filling backorders for the red dots, decided to start shipping 365xl's with the Zero mounted instead. Pissed off many folks that already owned a 365XL.

So for me, I will hold off for the Holosun 407k or 507K , which they 'predict' to ship to dealers mid May. I would rather have one of those , with a better build, better warranty and different reticle choices in the 507K model.

Just my opinion.

I had a friends Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS that I added a Vortex to and got it zeroed in for him. It was the first centerfire pistol with a red dot I had ever used. After getting it zeroed , I was hitting my 11x14 steel targets fast ( fast for me anyways) , at 25 yards. Way faster than I am with irons.

I was sold on a red dot on a pistol. I bought the 365XL shortly after, and am now still waiting on the optic to add.

I did add an RMR to my ICORE revolver. These old eyes will take a RDS everytime.

WantaG18

Geisterfahrer
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
365XL is not a " micro compact " at all , not all that much smaller than a Glock 19. The standard 365 is micro'ish.

I have a 365XL , have about 1500 rounds thru it. I was waiting for the Zero red dots to become readily available, But Sig, instead of filling backorders for the red dots, decided to start shipping 365xl's with the Zero mounted instead. Pissed off many folks that already owned a 365XL.

So for me, I will hold off for the Holosun 407k or 507K , which they 'predict' to ship to dealers mid May. I would rather have one of those , with a better build, better warranty and different reticle choices in the 507K model.

Just my opinion.

I had a friends Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS that I added a Vortex to and got it zeroed in for him. It was the first centerfire pistol with a red dot I had ever used. After getting it zeroed , I was hitting my 11x14 steel targets fast ( fast for me anyways) , at 25 yards. Way faster than I am with irons.

I was sold on a red dot on a pistol. I bought the 365XL shortly after, and am now still waiting on the optic to add.

I did add an RMR to my ICORE revolver. These old eyes will take a RDS everytime.

I have decided to get the XL. Guess my question now is why not get the Romeo Zero with it? Looks like only a hundred dollar difference.

If I don't like it I can take off the Zero and use the X Rays.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
If you can get it for $100 difference , then go for it. Just an FYI I got mine thru Bargain Pawn new for just $520 over Thanksgiving weekend.

WantaG18

Geisterfahrer
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
If you can get it for $100 difference , then go for it. Just an FYI I got mine thru Bargain Pawn new for just $520 over Thanksgiving weekend.

I've seen the XL for 579 and 679 with the Zero. But I haven't looked too much. I've already got a bunch of 12 and 15 round mags. Plus I want to try the 365 slide on the XL grip and vice versa.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Only thing I hate about it is the rail , light options are small , and none are very bright. And while there are a few places that make rail adaptors, then your choice of holster makers is only 2 places. I like the 15 round mags for backup , but carry with a 12 round mag.

365XL.jpg

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I've seen the XL for 579 and 679 with the Zero. But I haven't looked too much. I've already got a bunch of 12 and 15 round mags. Plus I want to try the 365 slide on the XL grip and vice versa.
That seems like a good price at 679, especially when you consider the cost of other options.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
I have a Holosun 507K inbound from Osage Co Guns for my 365XL. They got a couple dozen in on Wednesday. This is my first Sig I have owned, and I am impressed with it in every way.

I really like my P365. Think I'd like to try a 365XL. Also would like to try a red dot on a pistol.

Anyone have one or have first hand experience? I'm 99% to get the XL and mostly interested in thoughts on the Zero. I'm seeing mixed reviews. Guess my question is, should I get an XL and a different red dot?
I’ve had one for a year with a Zero. It was kinda of hard to get used to initially (kept looking at the sites) but now I love it. A little expensive for what you’re getting but worth it in my opinion.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have a 365XL .... Haven't seen the need for a Red Dot for it. But I like leather Holsters and finding one to fit both might be a issue