• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Winchester Ammo Price Increase

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Aside from the ridiculous demand, I'm wondering how much Vista Outdoor's acquisition of Remington's ammunition business is contributing to this. Decrease in competition can sometimes lead to an increase in price.

Aside from the ridiculous demand, I'm wondering how much Vista Outdoor's acquisition of Remington's ammunition business is contributing to this. Decrease in competition can sometimes lead to an increase in price.
I was just reading an article, part of which was taking about how the Remington plants, (including Barnes) haven't been running, but now that the splitting up and selling off has been done, the new owners are gearing up to get those plants online which will increase supply, at least somewhat. Also something about Fiocchi opening a new plant in Arkansas, which would also help, but I didn't see any sort of timeline on that, and I wouldn't assume that's something that happens really fast.