• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Service pistol with full frame, compact slide.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/07/2...cial-operations-group-adopts-sti-2011-pistols

So, this type of pistol is following a pattern: full size frame, 17-21 rounds, compact slide, 4 inches give or take, and, of course caliber 9x19. Model may be a Glock, Sig P320 (M18), or a 2011. There are others too. It is the only thing that matters now?
What this really tells us is that there is a tiny elite group within an elite organization that has a sh!tload of taxpayer money to spend.

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I think the Sig Sauer 365xl with the 15 round magazines would for into this group.

I’m not a hater of full frame with compact slide guns but I don’t really get them.

If it’s for concealed carry the things that make a difference for me are the length of the magazine because of that’s what prints and the width of the gun because of the space it fills in my pants waist line. The length of the slide doesn’t really matter so I may as well go with the the full size slide if you have a full size frame. What am I missing?

Ramone

Obsessed Member
The Glock 19X and the Sig M18 are now the standard bearers for the concept of full frame, compact slide. Moreover, these models are out there now despite the recent troubles. Good choices!